Sunday, March 11, 2012

Enough to Drive a Man Lin-sane


I don't know if you've heard, but the Knicks Have some kid named Jeremy Lin playing for them now, and he's pretty good...


Of course you know who he is...He went from zero to hero, not that anyone who went to Harvard could be considered a zero, but in the sports world it's HUGE. To go undrafted, then get picked up off waivers, then to come off the bench for the New York Knicks and become an overnight sensation is..well.."Lincredible."


I'm not going to go into this too much, but the world is going nuts for this kid, and "Linsanity" is at its max...but what happens next?


The premise for this piece was, how long can "Linsanity" last before it takes a toll? Especially on Lin himself.  I mean he is playing in the toughest sports market next to..I dunno...Iran?  The New York sports media, and New York sports fans, can make or break an athlete. They love you one minute and loathe you the next...I should know, I'm one of them. A New York sports fan that is.


He seems like a good person and I wish him a long successful career, that is if he doesn't go "Linsane" in the process.









1 comment: